Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Remember, Recall and Remind

Thumb Rule:  When it comes to good things, always remember, recall and remind.

When you 'remember' and 'remind' something worth, it is assumed that something already exists. 

I use it for my personal strengths, I remember my strengths, I remind myself of my potential, I recall all my past accomplishments. I also often recall my failures, and remind myself of learning opportunity hidden. I recall them as frequently as possible. In fact, I relive the moments.

I frequently use this technique with my family, dear ones, and colleagues.  I often "remind" them of what was already possible.

On the bad side, people already remember, recall, remind, relive of all the bad things happen in their lives. Our legs are tied to the past so heavily, that we are stuck in the past. We are not able to get an 'escape velocity' into the future.  A bad incident, a bad rejection, a bad failure, dear ones separation happens probably once - but we recall many a times, and relive the past. We are solidying the memory that we want to get rid of. See, how unfortunate it is!

Coming back, the ritual one need here is, have a gratitude journal or a meditation practice, where you recall the past of all good times. You can even 'reframe' the past in terms of positivity even something bad had happened. For example, if you failed in an exam miserably, recall the experience with the belief "I had a rich experience. I know what amount of preparation is needed for such tough exams. I can train anyone on how not to prepare for such exams...I met so many people after that because of one such experience".  Surround yourself with materials, photos, writings of all the good things that happened.

No comments: