Pages

Monday, January 24, 2005

Average State of Mind

On an average, I am able to maintain 8.5 as my State. Just before I goto sleep, I am maintaining a state of almost 10 because of why I am not able to sleep immediately. May be I used to reduce my state to 5 or so, and then sleep.

 

I am able to do this, because I am able to diffuse stress easily. I see the stress a stuffy cloud before me, seeking my attention. If I feel the stress, I immediately move this cloud few feet away from me. Most of the time the low priority works create stress and steal our energy too. For example, today after coming to office (Monday morning), I remembered Citibank, Airtel, Dishnet, and Whirlpool still have some of my complaints open and havent come back on that. They are of low priority. They are not worth handling this Monday morning. I immediately procrastinated telling myself “anyway I can take care of them leisure”; as I do this I also visualize the cloud is several feet away – they look powerless, less significant, and not rain-bearing !!!

 

That’s my secret of maintaining 8.5

 

My work load doesn’t take me to state 10; but my other personal interests take me to 10 most of the time.

 

 

No comments: