Pages

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Subjective Comparison

Sometimes we (V) compare a person (X) with another person (Y) who has similar qualities and like/dislike the person (X). For example, I may compare your personality, mannerisms etc with that of Anthony Robbins, and builds upon the bond [Hope you like the example J ]

I may not like somebody else (X) because he looks like some villain (Y).

I would like to know how this is seen in NLP.  Here X doesnot necessarily model Y. They share common attributes as seen by us (V). That is, V does model-comparison of  X and Y, and makes judgements.

 

If there is no name for it, I would like to name it as “Subjective Comparison” {Copyrighted J)

 

I think this understanding/awareness is significant in relationships. This leads to prejudice.

 

As V does comparison, V uses language like

 

“Somehow I like the person..”  (Positive effect)

“I don’t know why I don’t like the person..”  (Negative effect)

“You often remind me of my friend…” (Positive/Negative effect).

 

Okay, now we need to see where this awareness is useful. If X realizes V has positive/negative impression on X, X has to find from V what makes V believe so.

 

No comments: