Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Why and How Long to Practise NLP

Dear Go-getters,

I questioned myself why and how long to practise NLP. Some introspection -

Practising NLP model aggressively may appear strange, but it really pays.
Not only NLP, whatever system we practise, (a named system or an unnamed
system), it really pays. The society, religion, culture, language, family
system, work environment, country, friends circle that we all belong to, are
all models / system that we chose or belong to unconsciously.

Now we are molded to current form by each of the above mentioned models in
some way. If we want to change, it is purely OUR choice. And NLP model
helps.

We may be consciously speaking the NLP language now. But when it becomes
part of us, we will no more think it as NLP. We will live the NLP way.

Why so much hype that NLP is good ? Does that mean, by practising NLP, we
will never feel unhappy, have bad times etc. ? No, we will still face them,
but we will process it so quickly and regain the control.

'My students think I don't lose my center. That is not so; I simply
recognize it sooner, and get back faster', says Morihei Ueshiba, O'Sensei,
Founder of Aikido.

This quote simply amazes me. It has a lot of philosophy behind it. This
founder allows himself to fail but quickly emerges from failure. He recovers
from his off-center so fast, that nobody notices the change. His statement
defies time. The word 'recognize' implies 'awareness'. Awareness is the key.


So, let us practise, practise NLP, till it becomes part
of us. There is a famous book by name "Mastery" written by George Leonard.
He says something like the following in that book on difference between
achiever and master : An achiever aims for a goal -> he DOES something ->
he achieves the goal. But the master aims for excellence -> he HAS it -> he
IS. Do you get the message here ? normal achievers have to do something.
But master has inbuilt excellence. He is already one.

I liked that explanation very much.

We will practise NLP till we get what we wanted; till NLP becomes a natural
process.

We are often identified by our religion. But in reality, we and religion are
separate entities. We got the religious beliefs, values, practises, rituals,
etc. since childhood and we are what we are now.

Similary, let us stick to NLP's beliefs (presuppositions), values,
techniques.
"The beginning of habit is like an invisible thread, but every time we
repeat the act we strengthen the strand, add to it another filament, until
it becomes a great cable and binds us irrevocably, thought and act."
-Orison Swett Marden
Now, having learnt handful of NLP techniques, I feel the same way as much
as how I felt when I bought my first mobile, when I bought my latest PC,
when I was given additional responsbility at work, when my powerful
intuition worked.

I feel equipped and I am. What is a gifted life than being equipped.

Why would I feel helpless, be dependent and never getting what I wanted,
when NLP has so much to give ?

Love you NLP, Anthony Robbins and my coach Ashlesh Rao (Bangalore)- for making big
difference in my life.

No comments: