Pages

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Influence/Association

Now I believe whom we associate ourselves with really affects our personal
and professional growth. I don't know this magic works but I know it works
that way. I am impressed by words of Jim Rohn who was a mentor of TR.
Influence/Association by Jim Rohn
There are two parts to influence: First, influence is powerful; and second,
influence is subtle. You wouldn't let someone push you off course, but you
might let someone nudge you off course and not even realize it.
We need a variety of input and influence and voices. You cannot get all the
answers to life and business from one person or from one source.
Attitude is greatly shaped by influence and association.
Don't spend most of your time on the voices that don't count. Tune out the
shallow voices so that you will have more time to tune in the valuable ones.
"No" puts distance between you and the wrong influence.
You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are
they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me
saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most
important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big
question: Is that okay?
Don't join an easy crowd; you won't grow. Go where the expectations and the
demands to perform are high.
Some people you can afford to spend a few minutes with, but not a few hours.
Get around people who have something of value to share with you. Their
impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life long after
they have departed.

No comments: