Pages

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Job seekers' excuses

I have been interacting with job seekers for the last few years. My
observations are :

Many job seekers are anxious, not organized; they do not sell
themselves; they wear low self esteem to mildly high self esteem;
carry a load of excuses; they network a lot but are not prepared.

According to me, of the above, 'carrying a load of excuses' is really
detrimental to the job search/ growth. Carrying excuses always binds
us to our comfort zone. There is growth only if we come out of our
comfort zone. Carrying excuses and also doing job search will have
only neutral effect. Most of the job seekers "move away" to face the
competition internally.

The remedy is define "moving towards" objectives - "what do I REALLY
want ?" and "what is my next MOVE ?"

No comments: