Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Power of rituals

Power of rituals

I am very sure about the power of rituals. Rituals create powerful neurological connections that are difficult to be broken. Rituals are both positive and negative. They are negative because beyond a point (when ?) we forget the actual value of practising the ritual. The positve point is that they reduce our conscious effort (which is also called least effort). Least effort is something that comes very naturally to you. When the phone rings, you don’t struggle to attend a call. You naturally put the receiver on and start speaking.

The most common rituals are habits. For me, reading is a very powerful habit. I cant break it. Writing is another one.

I can create some powerful rituals for myself. It takes 21 days for a habit to get installed in us – continuous 21 days.

But I feel, if practised with intensity, supported with enough ‘why’s, and by creating a powerful need, the habits can be formed in less than formula 21 days.

I can create two packages of rituals to have variety and fun. Let me not have a lengthy list; restrict to five.

Package 1

Package 2

Pranayama

NLP exercise from Steven

Instant Idea (Creative time)

Forgiveness and Gratitude exercise

Eat a friut

Pushups

Situps

Instant Poem (Creative time)

Read and record technical information

Plan for every two days

Let me record this for next 21 days and analyze the results.

No comments: